Getting ready for a new PTA year and want to get things going correctly, right from the start? Here are some ideas to make that happen:
- Make sure the contact information for the 2015-16 board has been submitted. (Learn more about our Online Officer Contact system through PTAEZ.)
- Find out who your council and district PTA counterparts are.
- Ask for the council and district calendar of due dates so you can plan your PTA activities.
- Fill officer vacancies with an election by the board.
- Make sure everyone on the board is in agreement about what it means to be a PTA leader.
- Plan team-building activities and participate in goal-setting as soon as possible.
Learn more about how to start your term off right.
A successful term begins with summer basics
We know that you have earned some time off this summer, but the responsibilities for a new president and board officially begin July 1 when most PTA officers take office. By devoting just a little of your summertime to some basic PTA tasks, your PTA can start off the term successfully. Important summertime tasks include:
- Visiting the bank to establish check-signing authority.
- Receiving and reviewing the year-end annual financial reports and final year-end audit.
- Beginning work on tax filing.
- Preparing an annual budget for 2015-2016.
Learn more about specifics of these summertime tasks.