Reviewing the Term
Every PTA board should evaluate the term’s work and prepare recommendations for the next term. What worked? What didn’t? What do you recommend? Your insights and feedback are valuable to incoming officers!
Projects and Programs
- Did the PTA achieve the goals set at the beginning of the term? If not, what needs to be done?
- Did the officers and chairmen know what was expected of them?
- Were efforts made to include more members in planning and working toward achieving those goals?
- Did the PTA membership increase this term?
- Was an effort made to include more new members?
- Were the association meetings well attended?
- Was the association included in the decision-making process of the organization?
- Was the membership kept informed of PTA events and programs?
Training & Leadership Development
Were the officers and chairmen notified of all training opportunities and encouraged to attend?
- Did officers and chairmen take advantage of training opportunities?
- Was the association represented at council/district PTA meetings?
- Did your PTA send representation to the annual convention? If so, now is the time to make sure they share the resources and information, and what they learned with your PTA.