California State PTA is pleased to offer scholarship, grant and award programs to help you and your PTA achieve your goals.Apply now, and be sure to share the information with your members and school community.
Scholarships and Grants
- Continuing Education Scholarships ($500) – Apply by November 15 Available to all PTA members and volunteers, credentialed classroom teachers, counselors and school nurses to help further education. Completed applications and reference forms are due in the state PTA office by November 15. Learn more.
- PTA Program Grants ($500 to $2,000) – Apply by November 15 Create or strengthen your PTA programs in four areas: cultural arts, parent education, outreach and translation, and healthy lifestyles. Completed applications are due in the state PTA office by November 15. Learn more.
- Graduating High School Senior Scholarships – Apply by February 3, 2014 All students who are PTA members at a PTA high school and involved in volunteer service may apply for a scholarship to continue their education at an accredited college. Completed applications are due in the state PTA office by February 3, 2014. Learn more.
Did you know: Last year, California State PTA provided more than $40,000 in grants and more than $65,000 in scholarships? These programs are funded in part by our Honorary Service Awards program.
Important Awards for Your Students and Schools
- Prudential Spirit of the Community Award – Apply online by November 5 The awards program honors young people in grades 5-12 who are making meaningful contributions to their communities through volunteer service. Honorees have the opportunity to win $1,000 and a trip to Washington, D.C. Learn more.
- Civic Learning Award for California High Schools – Apply online by December 16 The Civic Learning Award celebrates public high schools’ efforts to engage students in civic learning. This award program is co-sponsored by Chief Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye and California State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson. California State PTA is a member of California’s Task Force on K-12 Civic Learning. Learn more.
- California State PTA Unit Spotlight Awards – Apply by February 3, 2014 Spotlight Awards recognize outstanding programs in eight categories including leadership development, student achievement, environmental, family involvement, membership and outreach, collaboration, advocacy and student involvement. This year award-winning PTAs receive two paid registrations to the 2014 California State PTA Annual Convention – May 7-10 in Los Angeles. Completed applications are due in the state PTA office by February 3, 2014. Learn more.