TAX FILING: FILING DEADLINES
It is important that you file your taxes by the due date. If you do not file, there may be penalties, fees and/or revocation by the governmental entities such as the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Franchise Tax Board (FTB) and Attorney General’s Office of Charitable Trust (AG).
But we’re here to help you meet those deadlines and file in a correct and timely manner.
WHAT ARE MY DEADLINES?
Here’s what to do:
- Check your bylaws to confirm your fiscal year-end. If you are still unsure, contact the Highlands Council or the Los Angeles 10th District. The majority of units have a fiscal year-end of June 30.
- Once you have your fiscal year end, check out this chart for your tax deadline:
|IF YOUR FISCAL YEAR-END IS||YOU MUST FILE TAXES BY|
|February 28||July 15|
|June 30||November 15|
You must file the following forms no later than your tax deadline:
- IRS Form 990 (990, 990EZ or 990N)
- California State Franchise Tax Board Form 199 (199 or 199N)
- Registration Renewal Form RRF-1.
If you require more time to file your taxes, you can complete the Form 8868 and mail to the IRS. (If you file the Form 8868 it will also extend the filing deadlines for Form 990/990EZ, Form 199 and Form RRF-1.)
Check out our step-by-step filing instructions to make tax filing easier. Or contact Anvi Kevany, Los Angeles Tenth District PTSA Tax Filing Info Center at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.